Summary Notes 1
Summary Notes, January 25, 1996
Cyberwatch: Media Views Focus Group
- We are working on the group mission statement for our group homepage
which will reside in Frank's directory, with links to other group member
- We have decided to review various media formats with regard to thefollowing
- We will monitor these formats for information on a weekly topic ("hot
topic" of the week, potentially grabbed from Howard's current events
links) and for information on a long-term topic to be followed throughout
the term. The weekly topic for this week will be President Clinton's
address to the nation last week. Our long-term topic might have something
to do with the issues of accessibility of certain types of information
through these formats. The long-term topic will be refined and finalized
at the next meeting.
- The format, form and responsibility breakdown is as follows:
- Network News Broadcasts (CBS,NBC and/or ABC): Frank
- c/net (Cable): Elisabeth
- CNN Headline News: Frank
- Time/Newsweek: Elisabeth
- Wired: Susan
- Internet World: Susan
- Entertainment Weekly: Frank
- New York Times: Bill
- USA Today: Bill
- Ann Arbor News/MI Daily: Bill
- DIALOG searches on topics: Bill
- Headlines/Front Page: Susan, Elisabeth, Ishwar
- Usenet Groups: Everyone
- Yahoo searches: Susan
- Netscape/What's New, What's Cool:Elisabeth
- Our website will include a feature called "Outrage of the Week", which
will target a particularly disturbing or facile piece of media coverage
found during our investigation.
- We will further construct the group logo for our website.
- By the next meeting these notes will be available from the group page.
We will also have a group tutorial on images for websites. We should also
consider group readings and film reviews.