Summary Notes 1
Summary Notes 2
Summary Notes, February 2, 1996
Cyberwatch: Media Views Focus Group
- It was decided that we would put links to other class sites at the bottom of
our page to make it easier to keep up to date with what our classmates are doing.
- The mission statement needs to be completed. We felt that we had already
discussed what our mission was, we just need to type it up and attach it to our
page. Susan will write the statement and submit it to the other members for approval.
- We had a brief discussion of how we are choosing the topics of the week. This
discussion was in regard to the fact that since some of our media sources are not
weekly sources they may not have information on the topic of the week in time. We
felt that we could revisit these topics and continually watch for them over time
to see that they are represented as completely as possible. We briefly discussed
what we had found for our last topic of the week. These items shall be posted as
threads under the media format section of our page.
- We discussed the long term topic. So far the suggestions for a long term
topic are either pornography/decency issues or First Amendment issues. We decided
that we should choose the topic by February 16.
- We briefly discussed watching films. No decisions made at this point.
- We did not choose a topic of the week this week.
- Frank offered to tape all three network newscasts one night for comparison
purposes. The group could then review the tape and perhaps create a presentation
for the class.
- We briefly went over the procedures for posting items to the web page. Using
the "threading" options that are a part of each format heading (ie. Television,
Magazines, etc.) it is easy. It can be done from within Netscape.
- We will meet again next Friday.