Impact of New Information Resources:
Multimedia and Networks
Information Retrieval Working Group
Meet the Group
We are students of Howard Besser's Impact of New Information Resources: Multimedia and Networks course. This course is taught jointly at UC Berkeley (LIS 296A) and UM Ann Arbor (ILS 609). Together we comprise the Information Retrieval Working Group for this course.
- Berkeley, California
- Ron Basich
- Dave Burkett
- Jack Huynh
- Karen McLaughlin
- Charlie Sinclair
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Shannon Cronin
- Randy Horton
- Martha Pinto
This Web Page was created during a joint group meeting in one of the Internet Public Library MOO conference rooms on April 11, 1995.
MOO related information:
- Transcript of our meeting
- Reflections on the MOO Meeting experience: "Musing on the Moo"
by Shannon Cronin
- The Common Place MOO: Orality and Literacy in Virtual Reality
Langham, Don, Computer-Mediated Communication Magazine Vol 1, No 3, July 1, 1994. p. 7
- MOO as Tool, MOO as Realm: A Response to Don Langham
Doherty, Michael E., Computer-Mediated Communication Magazine Vol 1, No 7, November 1, 1994. p6
The purpose of our working group to is pursue a more in-depth discussion of Information Retrieval topics and issues. This home page represents one of the methods by which we are reporting back to the class on the progress of this effort. Many of the items below will also be presented as semester projects.
- Information Retrieval Discussion Group
- Pre-Internet Models
- Current Internet Models
- Newsgroups and Information Retrieval
- Future Models
- Social aspects of Information Retrieval
- UM East Medical Campus On-Line Information Resources
A joint semester project of the Ann Arbor IR Working Group.
- Related Resources
- As We May Think
The article by Vannevar Bush, first published in the July 1945 issue of The Atlantic Monthly
- The Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group for Information Retrieval, ACM SIGIR
- IR Listserv at the University of California
- Internet Public Library project in the School of Information and Library Studies at the University of Michigan
Stock Market Quotes
(c) Copyright 1995. All Rights Reserved.