Some Course Themes and Questions
- virtual replaces physical
- disappearance of physical public spaces
- individual experience replacing group experience
- global replacing local
- mass vs. narrow appeal
- information overload
- increase or decrease in privacy?
- information production vs. consumption
- does increasing number of distribution channels lead to increased diversity and choice?
- commodification of information
- subsidizing vs. making everything pay its own way
- business and services: consolidation and centralization vs. entrapreneurship and decentralization
- increasing role of experts and specialists
- process of recuperation
return to winter95 course homepage