April 18 Class
Impact of New Information Resources: Multimedia and Networks
Discussion of final projects & sign-up for dates
- Each student will present their Evaluation
of Synthesis/NEEDS Multimedia Courseware using the Multimedia
Evaluation Categories that we developed in class. These are the courseware
that you chose from:
- By focusing on the use of our categories to do this evaluation, you should
have seen the strengths and weaknesses of the categories as we have developed
them. Be prepared to discuss the advantages and limitations of our categories
as we attempt to revise them. Also, be ready to assign relative weights between
a select group of categories. We will also brainstorm through the Multimedia
Evaluation Categories that we developed in class, and students will make
suggestions on items to move around, add, delete, etc.
Reports from this past week
- (and presentation of those we missed last week)
Reports from Working Groups
Make sure assignments have been done (well)
Note: No class on April 25; this is time to finish up your group Website,
to make sure your MESL material looks coherant, and to work on your final projects.
No office hours April 25.
- In your groups, finish writing up and mounting on the Web a synthesis of your MESL-related findings (complete with links to MESL sample screens and images).
Those groups that didn't present need to present this week, but everyone must
get their web versions of these into presentable form.
- Make sure you did a good job on both your evaluation of multimedia courseware and
on assigning weights to categories (see above).
- Continue to work on your final project
Return to the Impact Spring 1997 Homepage
Questions or comments? Please contact the Impact webmaster.