April 4 Class
Impact of New Information Resources: Multimedia and Networks
Reports from this past week:
Discussion of final projects
Reports from Working Groups
Assignments that were due this week
- Capture more images from MESL sites, and work on writing up a synthesis of your findings
- Do readings and research on multimedia
evaluation (and check other sources as well). Bring to class a list of
half-a-dozen major evaluation categories and 2 dozen evaluation criteria/topics
that fit into your major categories.
- Begin to work on your final project
Assignments due next week
Wed Apr 9, 5-8, Pacific Film Archive, Visions of Heaven and Hell
Note: No office hours April 11
- In your groups, finish writing up and mounting on the Web a synthesis of your MESL-related findings (complete with links to MESL sample screens and images).
You will present these to the rest of the class next week and we will discuss them.
- Review the Multimedia Categories
that we developed in class, and be prepared to make suggestions on items to
move around, add, delete, etc.
- Begin reviewing some of the Synthesis/Needs courseware. For April
18: Use the Multimedia Categories
that we developed in class to review one Synthesis/Needs piece of courseware.
By focusing on the use of our categories to do this, you will see the strengths
and weaknesses of the categories as we have developed them. Be prepared to
discuss the advantages and limitations of our categories as we attempt to
revise them. Also, be ready to assign relative weights between a select group
of categories. These are the courseware that you should choos from:
The two CD-ROMs should be available in 3112 Etcheverry Hall by noon on
Monday, April 7. If you have any questions, call Greg Paschall 3-2400,
email@example.com on Monday. (He's the one burning the ROMs.)
And you can review one of the NEEDS Coalition's papers on some their peer review efforts.
- Continue to work on your final project
Return to the Impact Spring 1997 Homepage
Questions or comments? Please contact the Impact webmaster.