Oct 24 Class
Impact of New Information Resources: Multimedia and Networks
Meet with Working Groups next Thurs during class time
- specifically discuss the Readings on Changing Cultural Institutions; no formal lecture
Discussion of Multimedia Reviews due last week
- presentation (names, dates, contact info)
Examine Focus Groups Web Sites
Readings on Changing Cultural Institutions:
Assignments for Nov 7:
- Read at least 2 other students' Multimedia Reviews and write them comments (with copies to email@example.com). These will not be publicly posted.
Assume that everyone will rewrite their review, and that you are offering comments to help them with the next version. Please do not focus too much on HTML coding.
- At your leisure, visit the University Art Museum and spend at least half an hour using the hand-held computerized museum tourguide
- Each focus group should be prepared to give a 10-minute presentation on what they've been doing
- Your focus group should watch the 2nd science fiction film
- Send a one-paragraph description of your final project to Kim Ta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Future assignments and schedule
Return to the Impact Fall 1996 Homepage
Questions or comments? Please contact the Impact webmaster.