Cleaning, Processing, Compressing--TShirt ImageDB Project
Processing your files
- Open Photoshop 3.0
- Use the "Open ..." option off the File menu to find (on the fileserver) one of the images you scanned, and to open it
- If necessary, use the "Rotate" option off the Image menu to make the image face upright
- Use various Photoshop options to process, crop, and clean up the image
- If you have not already created a thumbnail image, create your thumbnail image in Photoshop
- Pull down "Image Size..." off the "Image" menu bar. In the dialog box, constrain "Proportions" but not "File size", then change the Resolution from 150 to 72 pixels-per-inch.
- Use the "Save As" option (off the "File" menu) to save the file in the JPEG format, then choose "Medium" level image quality, and give it the same filename but ending in .jpg.
When you have written your file, compare it's size to the original.
It should be approximately 10% of it's former size.
Also, view the compressed image and make sure it looks ok.
Once you have confirmed that the size is approximately right
and that the image looks ok,
drag the older version of the file into the "Put Trash Here!" folder.
Change the image to "Indexed Color" (off the "Mode" option on the menu bar)